He was definitely up there in years, for sure.

I was listening to an interview with him on Fresh Air/Terri Gross last week and
heard a rendering of his song “Matilda”. First time I had ever heard it, and
amazingly, I knew a parody of it by Allen Sherman (“My Zelda”) that was on one
of his “party” records from the 1960s that my parents had. This was (at the
time) supposed to be “naughty” so we kids weren’t allowed to listen to it. Of
course we immediately did so when the parents left the house…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son,_the_Folk_Singer

-D

On May 2, 2023, at 11:38 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes