I like the idea of letting it soak.

Maybe a baking soda paste would work. The soaking will be the action that
really breaks up the crud.

Oven cleaner is usually a basic solution. Try it on a hidden area first to make
sure the effect isn't something you don't want...

-Curt

On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 02:15:08 PM EDT, Allan Streib via Mercedes