Strong work! And now I know more about “rodeo mode”, too!

-D

On May 7, 2023, at 7:02 PM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com<mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:

The CL500 ABC has been acting up lately. I scanned it with the Icarsoft which
just kinda says where faults are but you can’t do much so today I put the DAS
on it. Was getting faults related to travel plunger sensors and ride height not
calibrated.

I put the ABC through all its various actuations and all was working ok but
each corner was not at comparable ride height levels. Like way different. There
is a procedure in the system for level calibration so I activated that. Several
times actually but nothing really seemed to happen. I finally let it run for
20-30 minutes and everything seemed to reach a Happy Level. The rear corners
are still a bit off but close and we’re no longer changing which says the
procedure was complete. The fronts were WAY off and now they are the same so I
guess that is success.

There are still faults for plunger levels and something else but it appears to
be working. Those faults suggest either the control module needs to be reset
and calibrated which happens when a new module is put in and not adapted to the
car. Or the RF strut is bad but I don’t think so since it did its thing today.
So I’ll watch it for awhile. This system has a lot of complications

I did not drive it yet, I’ll look at it again in the morning and go for a drive.

<image1.jpeg>

I also got an airbag removal tool kit that has tools for about all cars
including the tool for Benzes like Dan has posted. This whole kit was like
twice the price of that one MB tool so went with a kit from the Large Wymyn.
It’s a T30 bit about 3” long. The other tools look like they might also be
useful for tasks too.

Fit well and I unscrewed the 2 screws and the airbag assembly/cover came right
off. I got new steering wheel buttons from the CCP to replace the worn buttons
on the GL450.

The airbag connectors were all on it and I didn’t want to get into
disconnecting the battery (it’s a PITA under the passenger seat) so just put it
back. Worried about setting off an airbag donchaknow…. So I’ll do it right
another time.

So some productive efforts.
--FT
Sent from iFōn