Dimitri.
 FWIW found this.
I'm not familiar with that glow relay part number but I'll assume the
connectors are compatible with MB passenger car harnesses and it's an
afterglow relay. Forget the wire colors and check for pin numbers either on
the relay itself or on the connector. The numbers should correspond between
relay and connector pins. Here's the pin list for a 90-91 300D 2.5:

pin 1 = +12V when key switch in run to initiate preglow cycle (W124 = hot
side of fuse 7)
pin 2 = +12V when key switch in start to terminate preglow cycle (W124 =
NSS)
pin 3 = +12V to gauge cluster glow indicator
pin 4 = ground
pin 5 = blank
pin 6 = signal from glow temp sensor by water pump to determine preglow and
afterglow cycle times

Assuming each glow plugs test between 0.7- and 1 ohm at the glow relay
connector, leave pin 2 disconnected then see if you get the max preglow
cycle of ~30 seconds. I don't know how the glow relay behaves when there is
no temp sensor.

If this gets to be too much work, a 617 pencil type glow relay should work
for you since afterglow isn't much of a benefit in the tropics if you have
healthy glow plugs.

Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred