On 2023-05-18 20:40, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
Very few people seem to know how to merge onto a expressway/motorway.
Clue #1: you need to match traffic speed before you get to the merge
point.

We were going 10mph.
The black Dodge came from behind me at maybe 25, crossed the solid lines to merge early, and would have hit me if I didn't get on the brakes. Since he came from behind he could easily see me, and the 70' long gap in front of me. He had to get on the brakes to avoid merging into the opening in front of me and merge into the side of me instead. Don't know when he hit the brakes, but brake lights were already on in the first frame where my camera could see them.

Why were we going 10mph on the freeway? Because people are stupid and can't merge.