So I've decided to replace my "lumpy" injection timing device to avoid
ruining another vacuum pump on my '95 E300D.  Has any one else done this on
a 606 engine?
The part that bothers me is what the shop manual procedure 07.1-8014 says at
the top of the first page - Preceding work -remove the fuel injection pump.
Other listers have written that they replaced the timing devices on 602
engines without removing the FI pump.  What do you suppose changed from the
602 to the 606 engine design?  The procedure for R&Ring the FI pump looks
like a much bigger deal than R&Ring just the timing device.  Can anybody
enlighten me?

Thanks all.

Ned Kleinhenz
'95 E300D x2