Calmness! Just repair the one you were using and wait for a good deal on another. You do not need to be in a huge hurry.

Randy

On 01/06/2023 8:00 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
So I sold my Kubota diesel mower and regretted it. The only reason I listed it
was because I just put 2 new front tires on my other mower, new belts, replaced
that bent pulley and ran it for a bit and it seemed fine. Today I actually
mowed with it. About a 3rd of the way thru mowing I accidentally hit some sort
of foam seat cushion of some sort that blew in from somewhere. I was trying to
go around it to pick it up but got too close. Of course it jammed the blades
but I shut it off quickly and pulled it out. No big deal. Well I fired it up
and it somehow managed to throw the deck belt off the tensioner pulley, I put
it back and mow a few feet and it throws it again. By this point I was so
pissed off I sold the Kubota I called it quits. Maybe I have something
installed wrong on the deck. I don’t think the brief second the blades were
jammed would have really done anything but maybe it was just enough to
burn/stretch the belt to where it’s now too loose. In any case, I’m now back on
the hunt for another diesel mower of some sort. I have found some similar to
mine except they want way
Too much, found some older ones that are somewhat rough. Got a couple of
prospects 3 hours way, a couple of Kubotas and a JD commercial mower that had a
front mounted deck which is interesting. Also a Woods diesel zero turn that I
believe is basically a rebranded Grashopper.

Crap.