We still think of the sirens as early warning to go outside and watch the
interesting weather. If you see a tornado coming, take cover. Otherwise
enjoy the show.

On Sun, Jun 25, 2023 at 3:59 PM Bob Rentfro via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> We would never head to the basement until my grandfather would crush out
> his Pall Mall and declare it, “green and still “ outside. “Don’t mind the
> fire siren. They are nervous nellies.”
>
> AZBob
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 25, 2023, at 1:42 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > We had a thunderstorm here this afternoon, some pea-sized hail, and my
> phone and TV and computer are all blowing up with Tornado Warnings. In the
> past a Tornado Warning meant that a tornado had been spotted nearby. Now it
> seems it's just radar indications that might be rotation.
> >
> > It almost seems like the boy who cried wolf, there's all this panic
> about normal midwestern summer thunderstorms and it doesn't actually amount
> to much.

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Werner
Von Braun

"In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be
doing it."
        -- Richard W. Hamming, The Art of Doing Science and Engineering
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!