On 2023-06-25 21:50, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes wrote:
Air or hydraulic shocks?  Looks pretty nice but price is high if it
needs some expensive parts and has body issues

Probably rear only SLS and broken steel springs up front.
Both front springs on my 1997 SEL were in 3-4 pieces at about that mileage. Sedan 500 front springs were made of heavier wire than 300-420 springs, I assumed the problem with my 420 was it had 300 springs and thick rubber shims with an engine that weighed as much as a 500.

I don't know what spring specifications / part numbers are on the coupes.