  Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:47:26 -0500
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mobil 1 Truck & SUV
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

so how much are they getting it for?

Curt Raymond wrote:

> I've officially given up on Wal-Mart for pretty much anything.
Everytime I got its a crapshoot if they're going to have ANY Mobil 1 I can
use. I don't understand how they can have 200 gallons of 10w30, 5w30 and
5w20 and 3 quarts of 15w50... I mean if the 15w50 sells so well why
couldn't you stock more of it? Doesn't make any kind of sense.

>   So this weekend I discovered that if I call our local Autozone on
Monday and tell him I want 9 quarts of 15w50 on Friday he'll have it
when I get there and ask. I found this out after ranting about Wal-Mart
stupidly not having any. He's going to check on 5w40 for me too.

>   -Curt

---------------------------------
starting at 1¢/min.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Jun 27 13:57:54 2006
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Would like to use smaller fan belt and bybass AC

I could check my records but when I took the belt off the AC pump on my 240D I
don't remember seeing ANY difference in fuel economy. Maybe 1mpg but thats hard
to see even over 10,000 miles.

  -Curt

  Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:17:37 -0700
From: Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 pulley. What size do I need? For 1987 300D turbo
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

> I would like to bypass my AC compressor and use a smaller fanbelt
that
> will not attach to the AC compressor pulley. My system does not work,
> and would rather get the somewhat improved mileage.

I would think that in Yakima that AC would be somewhat desirable.
What's wrong with it?

Anyway, assuming nobody can look up the belt length you need you
could always take a string and run it around the new path and measure
the length.  Try to put the tensioner in the normal place first,
or account for it somehow.  You might be able to use string to measure
between two fixed points along the belt path that includes the AC
pulley, then stretch a chord that excludes it, then take the difference
and subtract that from the stock length.

However, I don't think that the 'load' of an uncoupled AC compressor
would even be noticeable at the fuel pump.  Certainly not enough to
even pay for the new shorter belt, IMHO.

-- Jim

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! MessengerÂ’s low  PC-to-Phone call rates.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Jun 27 14:02:09 2006
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:02:03 -0400
From: "Ed Booher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ed Booher, cough up some cash

Sleep through your post for a measly 12 hours, and the post has
already expired on Craigslist :)