On 2023-07-14 09:48, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
If I actually commuted I'd be doing round about 120 miles a day/600 miles a week or about 28,000 miles a year...

When I was paying my way through college delivering pizza full time at night (and commuting over 30 miles one way to school and/or store 7 days a week), I bought a new car after getting tired of having reliability problems in my fleet of clunkers. That car had 51k on it a year after I bought it, I couldn't quite average 1k/week. Shortly after that, I changed schools, started taking 20+ credit hours, and quit working.

It took me over ten more years to hit 200k. Parked it due to rust at 232k.
Still had the original clutch.