Amazing! You sold a Smoke Silver one to me because it was "too small" ---
I really hate that green color, but I bet it's nice car anyway. The W124 is
my favorite driving MB right after the C107.
Welcome back to the group!

On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 4:22 PM dan penoff.com via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Vey nice, Donald, and it’s GREEN!!
>
> Can’t you just put it on a pallet and have your employer bring it back
> when someone deadheads to Memphis?
>
> -D
>
> On Aug 25, 2023, at 4:07 PM, Donald Snook via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> Well, it’s been a long time since I have posted here.  I found a really
> amazing GREEN 90 124 on bring a trailer and the seller spent a fortune
> making it perfect.  It was listed on cars and bids and didn’t meet
> reserve.  The seller relisted it and I thought the reserve would be over
> $12,000.  The seller spent almost $13,000 fixing it up.  So, I bid my
> maximum I was willing to bid and to my surprise, I got it!
>
> Here is a link to the auction listing.
>
> <https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-mercedes-benz-300e-29/>
> <1990_mercedes-benz_300e_20230720_081819-06962.jpg>
> 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E<
> https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-mercedes-benz-300e-29/>
> bringatrailer.com<
> https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-mercedes-benz-300e-29/>
>
> So, now I have to figure out if I should ship it or fly to Connecticut and
> drive it back (1200 miles) to Memphis.  Driving it back would be an
> adventure. But, I’m not certain I can take that much time.
>
> I’ll keep you updated on it.  Looking it over makes me think that this was
> one of Dan’s cars. It has definitely had the Martha Treatment.
>
> I’m excited to be back in the MB fold!
>
> Donald H. Snook

OK Don

"Quality of life is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing you
are wearing."

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Werner
Von Braun

"In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be
doing it."
        -- Richard W. Hamming, The Art of Doing Science and Engineering
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!