I just finished cleaning up this 99E320 and it looks really good. 244950miles.  This was the car I bought a few years ago for $600 and trans in limp mode.  Put a new conductor plate in it, some fluid and filter, and really did nothing else to it but a new idler pulley and belt.

Paint is about a 7 or 8, a few scratches and rock chips and a few spots on trim where it is peeling or getting worn but hardly noticeable.  Only "body" damage is the lower cladding right around the exhaust pipe below the rear bumper, otherwise no dings or creases anywhere.  It had been sitting for maybe 3-4months and I charged the battery (which is on it's last) and it fired up on about the 2nd spin and idled nicely, no clattering or ticking or anything.

Interior is in pretty good condition too, no tears in the seats but are showing a bit of wear in the leather.  Someone with more patience than I could probably do a half decent restoration on them.  Carpet is pretty clean, I might hit it with the extractor tomorrow and get it looking and smelling better. Tires have good tread but have probably timed out and would need to be changed at some point.  The seats won't move, I have another module to put in I will try to do tomorrow, getting the old one off is a b1tch for some reason, it should pop right off but I can't get the clips to release it and without the seat being raised up it is kinda hard to reach under it.  The AC was blowing lukecool so I will probably dump a half can or so into it.

Oh and the radio didn't come on though I recall it was working before.  I'll have to look at the fuse.

I shot a vid of the exterior I will try to get uploaded, then I need to shoot one of the interior after I clean it.  I am going to see about swapping it for this 07E350 with the bad engine and they throw in some cash, now that I think about it I should probably just buy the E350 outright and sell this thing or keep it as it is so nice, but I don't need it or drive it so there's that.  Decisions decisions...

Too bad it wasn't closer, your boy could have bought this for a lot less than that car and gotten a nice road trip out of it.

--FT