The ad was a scam. The photos were lifted from here:

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1961-mercedes-benz-300sl-roadster-c-10631.htm

Should have known that the "we don't know anything about cars, this is just
some old Mercedes" line didn't ring true, also nobody from Richmond Indiana
calls his mother "mum."