I think there is also one in the filter housing so it can bypass if
the filter plugs.

Bob DuPuy

On 6/30/06, J.B. Hebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
According to 18-5031HA, the oil pressure relief valve is part of the
oil pump, so if I end up dropping the pan I will check it.  I do not
want to have to drop the pan, though... so I'm going to first hook up
a mechanical gauge to be absolutely sure it isn't a gauge
issue.  Then I will likely remove the oil to water head exchanger on
the passenger side of the sump, which should give me a decent view of
the oil pump and surrounding area.

Thanks,

J.B. Hebert