A high-voltage REMC lineman from many, many decades ago turned me on to
Collinite. That’s what it was originally designed for, waxing high-voltage
transmission line insulators. Every couple of years as maintenance they would
do their thing and wash/wax insulators. It kept them clean and prevented
environmental goop from sticking to them. Anything decreasing the surface
conductivity on a 115kV line insulator is a Good Thing.

-D