Donald,

The W210 is the “Camry” of the Mercedes line. They’re very reliable and
reasonable to operate and maintain. I’ve had at least one in my fleet at any
given time for at least 7 years.

The most important thing is where the car has lived, as they are extremely
prone to rusting if they have been north of the Mason-Dixon Line. They rust so
aggressively that I swear you can hear them rusting when you stand next to one
that’s afflicted. If the car is still around today it’s probably OK.

No suspension issues that I am aware of unless you’re talking about the spring
perch issue which was limited to specific models. I don’t recall what they
were, but I’m sure someone here can comment on the details.

Not super economical, but good. Very reliable, parts availability is good, and
it’s a great engine and transmission combination that is quite rugged for the
most part.

Get us some details if possible and we can elaborate, but in general, they’re
great cars with minimal issues and easy/inexpensive to maintain.

The W210 never got a lot of love. I first thought they were ugly as sin myself,
but after owning my first (pre-facelift 98 wagon) I was convinced they were a
hidden gem. I’ve had 3-4 since then. The two that are still in the fleet are
the 1998 W210 wagon (bought at 170k, now has 220k) and 2002 W210 sedan (bought
with 90k, now has 150k) and both have been super reliable and inexpensive to
maintain. I would get in either one of them and drive anywhere without concern
on a moment’s notice.

-D