> 16GB RAM, 10 cores, so not so great for VM support but I've got a VM farm
> with 96 cores and 2TB of RAM for that...

I suppose I could 'force' work to provide a VM farm, and the 4 developers
could share it, and whatever feeble chromebook you wanted to carry around
would be all you'd need.  But, that's money to be sure, and now I need
continuous
connectivity in order to do anything.  Timesharing big iron again?  Not really
what
I'd prefer.  I prefer local development resources, and only connecting, through
whatever tin cans and string are necessary and available, when transmitting
final results.

My boss is using Starlink.  It works beautifully.  Except when it doesn't.  Not
really to my taste.  My 802.11-whatever is a lot slower, but more reliable and
predictable.  Sometimes my boss calls me, and has me apply the changes
he made, because he can't get a full upload done from where/when he is.

-- Jim