If it's like my 83' 300D, make sure the 2 flat blade connector is still
plugged into the bottom of the compressor.  If so, apply 12v directly to it
and make sure the clutch is still engaging.
I assume the blower motor is still working.  If not, check the #8(I think)
fuse.

Mine stopped the other day then I checked it this weekend and it started
working again...

Levi