I noticed that on the photo of the engine bay, the brake lines from the master
cylinder are both coiled up like they are too long. Did the factory just not
cut the lines to the proper length, or are they not original, or was that done
intentionally to absorb vibration/reduce strain at the connections?

That's quite similar to the car I learned to drive in, which was an early
1980's Buick Regal.