Got some parts in for the CL600 this week, so I’ve been taking time here and
there to address the remaining issues.

Right rear brake light was out, which is a series of three circuit boards with
LEDs on them. Not sure why they did this other than maybe for brightness
without a lot of current, but every other lamp in the taillight assembly is a
standard incandescent lamp. Grrr.

Remove the taillight assembly and check the gasket for leaks (none! Yay!) then
remove the clamp that holds the three LED boards in place. Lift the boards out
and pull their socket and stab connectors apart. Reverse the procedure and
button things up. Right rear brake light is now functional! Nice!

Another issue I have been dealing with is the ABS/ESP/BAS module not seeing the
signal from the right rear speed sensor. I replaced the original sensor with a
decent quality (Delphi, OE are NLA, third party are mostly junk) part, but that
did not resolve the issue. Dummy Me should have paid closer attention rather
than just looking at the condition of the original part and assuming it was
bad. Anyway, further (logical) troubleshooting transpired and I “rang out” the
harness from the plug at the sensor to the pin and socket connector at the
module. All tested well.

I snagged a used ABS module on eBay from a local seller. I did try cleaning the
connectors on the harness and original module first, but that didn’t change
anything. I swapped out the module with the used one, and after resetting the
BAS, the ABS light has gone out and remains out. Huzzah!

I’ve had a good run today so I think I may leave things as-is for now. I need
to replace a driving light bulb, which I might still do just to top things off.

-D