Correct. I can't recall if I installed the cord or not back when we moved in, but in any case I guess its impressive it went this long.

On 11/24/2023 6:53 PM, Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
Two burnt off wires - and the breaker didn't blow?
Why would it?  That thing's rated for what, 50A?  It's _designed_ to deliver
considerable heat... just to someplace other than the input junction!  Even
fire is OK, provided it can't catch and spread.

I'd call it an installation problem.  Nuts not cleaned/secured/torqued
correctly.

-- Jim