Hardly a BMW issue, but a good point. I have never understood the “rubber band
tire” thing. I figured that it has a major effect on handling, especially at
higher speeds, not to mention the harsher ride.

You’ve got a big contact area, but the minute you move out of the horizontal
plane you have lost control. And that’s on a dry surface, too. I can’t even
begin to imagine what it’s like when the roads are wet or icy.

-D