I have to agree with Marshall on this one. There is NO place in ANY fuel system for teflon tape. A proper fitting connection will not be sealing on the threads where the tape does it's job.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Teflon Tape

I see the TV car show guys (some of them even very smart progressive
Canadians who adhere to international conventions) who use teflon tape
on fittings for fuel and nitrous and whatever other evil fluids they
use.  It is fairly heat and chemical resistant.  The only concern is
that you make sure none of the little bits (or goop drops if you use the
paste stuff) get in the line as it will plug up small passages -- the
tape does tend to tear when you tighten a fitting as it does its job.
That said, I'm not sure a tight fitting needs it, but can't see the harm.

Draw a three-pointed thingie on the dispenser and add 12 or 14 numbers,
that might make it more Benzish.

--R

Tom Hargrave wrote:

Marshall,

Although I fundamentally agree with you, I'd also argue that newer & better
technology has its place in older Mercedes. If this were not true then why
would we be sold on Mobil-1 oil? For that matter, you can't even purchase
the grades of tires, brakes, fuel & oil that were being sold in the early
70's (thank God, oops, goodness).

I think it's more than fair to try to understand what the tape is to be used
for before blasting John with "NO!!!".

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
256-656-1924