I’ll defer to Floyd, but I know on a couple of engines, like the M156, and the
M127 it’s around $500 for a rebuilt one. Used ECUs can be found for less on
venues such as eBay.

I do believe they have to be version-coded, but again, I would defer to others'
knowledge on this, as it’s an area I haven’t done much work in.

-D