Are all four tires the same size and brand?

Rick

From: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Sent: December 27, 2023 9:57 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: d...@bruckmann.com
Subject: [MBZ] 2004 W211 4-matic oddities

I'm in Toronto for a couple of weeks and have borrowed my brother's
crumbling 2004 W211 4-matic station wagon WDBUH82J95X170353 with 410,000 km
on it (about 255,000 miles).

When cold, on dry pavement, the drivetrain has a nasty habit of
slipping/grabbing when cruising along. Under aggressive acceleration
there's no issue, it's just when you're cruising or
accelerating/decelerating mildly. It's like a shudder, with the engine RPMs
bouncing up and down. Once warmed up it goes away.

Is this a conductor plate waiting to say goodbye, or something in the
4-matic? He says it has been doing this for years.

Also, imagine my delight in seeing that it's not just my ancient 1970s MBs
that leak at the top of the windshield!

D.