I replaced my AC (outdoor compressor/condensor unit and indoor evaporator) in
2018. I did not buy the top efficiency model, I think I went one step below
that, it was quite a bit cheaper and it seemed like the extra cost of the best
model would take years to pay for itself at the marginal difference in
efficiency. I no longer have the exact numbers handy, unfortunately.