With all the heavy lifting done by Floyd and Floyd’s daughter’s BF, I pulled the trigger and bought this. It was as represented, the Car Fax was a thing of beauty (having been a CPO at one point in its life), and the seller was responsive , respectful and honorable.

Plans are to fly standby into CLT tomorrow (when it seems no one else is flying), rent a car and take a leisurely drive down to Greenville/Spartanburg and check into a Marriott. We (Mrs. AZBob and I) will then Uber to the seller’s (is Uber a thing in S’burg SC?),  do paperwork and return to the hotel. Tuesday morning we will visit a SCDMV and then scoot over to Floyd’s daughter’s home to remove the cow catcher for Floyd. And then…..ROADTRIP!

I will have to check forecasts but I think we might return the northern route (I-40 mostly) and make a couple stops to see some friends. Heck, we might even pause at Okie Acres to say howdy if anyone is home. If the weather is looking sketchy, we will go I-10 and stop and see some friends along that route.

I may try my hand at blogging this trip in this email string. It might be fun, or I may lose interest wondering why anyone would want to know what we are doing each day.

That being typed, does anyone have any advice/tips/recommendations before we strike out across the country?

Again, I can’t thank Floyd et.al. enough for the assist. And Dan. Dan is always a very knowledge sounding board and I can’t tell you the number of times he has kept me between the ditches.

AZBob

Sent from Mail for Windows