> Microwaves are non-ionizing radiation, so, no, you do not have to wear a
> lead apron. Just keep your eyes out of the way!

However, high-voltage vacuum tubes can generate ionizing radiation,
and not necessarily on purpose, so that is something to beware of.
I don't know how likely magnetrons are to generate it, of course.

But your dental X-ray generator is a HV vacuum tube, and it does
it plenty, on purpose.  Old tube TV's were known to generate X-rays,
usually out of the horizontal deflection tube, not the picture tube.
(Picture tubes had lead-glass faces, IIRC.)

-- Jim