>> I found the fault that caused the microwave to turn on when you open the
>> door - a failed closed microswitch. The little red button is stuck in the
>> closed position. It is one of three activated by the closing of the door...

There is something criminally wrong with the design of that oven, if that
kind of single failure resulted in a containment failure.  The chain is
supposed to be fail-SAFE, in that all failures result in failure to cook,
rather than ever cooking the environment.

The designs I've looked at all have three different microswitches in electrical
series, thus ALL have to say 'go' before the magnetron is powered.

1: Door closed.
2: Door latched.
3: Start button pushed.

All three have to fail, opposite their normal state, in order to pump microwaves
out into the world.

-- Jim