Hi

I recently put an injection pump in my 603.970.  Started right up and was
running great.  I was letting the engine idle in the drive way so the
thermostat would open and then I was going to top off the coolant.  I
walked away for a few minutes and when I came back the car was overheating
and the gauge was in the red.  I checked the thermostat and it opens.
However I replaced it with a new one any way.  Car still overheats.  I took
the waterpump out and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.  I
do hear a slight rubbing sound when I turn it by hand.  The car definitely
isn't getting any coolant through the upper hose.  I checked the oil and
there seems to be some antifreeze in the coolant now.  Prior to the
overheating there were no signs of coolant in the oil.  My questions are:
Since there is trace antifreeze in the oil does this definitiely mean the
head gasket cracked from the overheating?  Could a waterpump that seems to
be ok not circulate the coolant for anyother reason and  is there any other
possible reasons for the coolant not to circulate?  Car was sitting since
feb. before I replaced the injection pump.  When I fill the coolant from
the resoivoir should coolant fill up the radiator and come out the top
hose?

Thanks

Mark Maturo

destroy all copies.