Whats the total torque, like 300ft/lbs? So the Ford was less than 10% more
powerful. I wonder what mileage penalty is for that power.

  -Curt

  Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:12:58 -0700
From: Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] cummins, frod, GM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 09:59:39PM -0500, Robert & Tara Ludwick wrote:
> The fords are definitely the sturdiest and most comfortable over the
> long haul ( I love my old'90 crew cab ) but the international engines
> leave a few things to be desired.

It is worthwhile noting that the non turbo 7.3 IDI engine had more
torque
than the cummins TURBO did in the first generation dodge diesels, by
something
like 20 ft-lbs. That engine and the 6.9 that preceeded it were in use
by medium duty internationals, and owners of those rigs really seemed
to like
them.

countries) for 2ยข/min or less.