I am corrected.  The 163 ML500 has a storage bin under the passenger seat.  I should have remembered that as there was no key for it when I got the vehicle so I drilled out the lock to get it open.  There was nothing in there which made me wonder why it was locked.  And yes it and all the other plastic is nasty and sticky.  I went at one piece once with various cleaners and solvents.  I think Goo Gone did ok but took a lot of scrubbing. Turpentine did OK too.

The 164 ML63 does not have them.  My 211 wagon has them.  You can fit a small pocket pistol in one and various other small things but they aren't terribly useful.

--FT