Unfortunately the main thing I know about GE refrigerators is that I will never
buy another one.

I do own one. It's a side-by-side not bottom freezer, it has a little motorized
flap between the freezer and the refrigerator that manages the cold air inlet
to the fridge side. That can fail and then the fridge side doesn't get cold air
(or gets too much, depending on the failure). So you might look for something
like that.

And as Rick said if the freezer coil isn't defrosting it will eventually
accumulate enough ice and frost that the airflow to the refrigerator side is
obstructed. So check that also.