I watched a utuber vid from this Aussie guy MGUY who has gone on a total rant about EVs.  He had one on about the Hertz EVs they were renting, and they had to be returned with 90% charge and if not you would get charged (see what I did there) for the charge to capacity, kinda like the usurious gas refill costs.  Turns out though that Hertz had the charge levels capped at 90%, so even if a renter managed to find a charge point close to the rental location (and wait a coupla hours to charge it) it would only go to 90% so by the time you got back to the drop-off it was below 90 and there was a surcharge on the bill.  Nice.

Apparently EV batteries don't like to be charged to 100% constantly, or charged to a high level frequently like if you are driving a distance and want to recharge but then the car says no you have to wait awhile before I will let me be charged up again.  So you're basically f'd if you are trying to make any distance in any sort of time comparable to a IC vehicle.

--FT

I think, like the Tesla owners getting screwed with price drops, that it is
very karmic.

-D

Mercedes EQS Reportedly Has Highest Depreciation Rate of Any New
Vehicle<https://mbworld.org/how-tos/slideshows/mercedes-eqs-reportedly-has-highest-depreciation-rate-of-any-new-vehicle-971484>
mbworld.org<http://mbworld.org><https://mbworld.org/how-tos/slideshows/mercedes-eqs-reportedly-has-highest-depreciation-rate-of-any-new-vehicle-971484>

-D

--FT