Who among us is well versed in cleaning furniture fabric? I know we all can
tackle car upholstery and make it look brand new, but I think requires a
slightly different skillset.

I have a very light grey fabric recliner I bought to be used exclusively whilst
standing the grandpa watch. It is a looped fabric, more specifically, boucle.
SIL sat in it for several one evening and then we noticed it had become really
dirty over the course of a couple of days. Knowing the SIL is a known post
shower shea butter smearer, we reckon he transferred said shea butter from his
arms and legs to the fabric over the course of watching the Phoenix Suns get
their arses kicked.
Mrs. Bob has attempted to clean in accordance with the manufacturer's
instructions (a little soap [Dawn the lady at the store said] and water in a
spray bottle, rubbing with a white microfiber towel) to no avail.
I busted out the McCulloch MC1275 and gave steam a try on the leg rest (spray
the leg rest with the soap solution, hit it with the white microfiber towel
covered brush attachment for the steam wand, carefully steam and bush the
fabric, then extract any residual) and at first look it doesn't appear to have
done any good at all.

Any wisdom before I call a "professional"?

AZBob