> Aerial fiber with a messenger.

When they closed our office, the one that had all the testing labs in it, I
scored a few of the longer
fiber runs from the aerial trays this stuff was laid in.  I thought that if I
ever needed some longer
high-speed runs that it might be useful, otherwise I think the stuff was all
destined for the dumpster.
(They did salvage the 10km fiber spools used for longer-distance signal
testing.)

At the time, the SFP's (and the homes to put them in) were more significant.  I
also scored some
of those, from the gear we made.  12-port gigabit switches, two of them SFP's.
(One of these is
in every AT&T cell tower in the USA.  Or was.)

Never used the stuff.  And the 10(12) port managed switch has some issues, I'm
now using a 24-port
unmanaged switch, which is a lot less trouble.

It is NOT code/legal to run copper signaling between buildings.  Anything with
its own ground.

> I can buy pre-terminated multi-mode fiber for under $200.

A 50m length of terminated fiber is $18 from Amazon.

-- Jim