Sorry to hear that, this sucks.

I can’t speak to the PRK’s insurance requirements, but in Florida, which is a
no-fault state, the number of uninsured drivers is nothing short of unreal. But
- even with no-fault, if the other driver is uninsured, you’ll still get boned,
much like you are now. That’s why I always carried the highest deductible
collision I could get on my cars unless their value was negligible.

Bummer.

-D