> Why? Got some old 5-1/4” floppies to run on it? Don’t forget your SCSI
> terminator!!

SCSI (SASI, actually) drives weren't really a thing until after the Apple II.
The ProFile
was more their speed.

The II was enormously popular, and influential.  And an extremely elegant bit of
electrical engineering.  As a living museum piece it'd be a good acquisition.
It's
what made Apple, so there's that.  I badly wanted one back in the day, but my
budget could not accommodate.  Oddly, I never did own one, and have no real
desire to now.  My first 'real' (non-kit) computer was an original Macintosh.
Two
floppies and a dot-matrix printer, bought through the university program with my
brother's help.  (I still have it, expanded to 1.5MB and with a SCSI bus.
Somewhere
in storage.)

In 1982 (?), graduated and newly employed,  I had walked into a local computer
store,
primed to walk out with the then-new IBM PC.  I left with my money still in my
pocket,
disgusted by the offering.  It was a lame-ass copy of an Apple II, but with an
8088 CPU.
Still an 8-bit machine, crappy graphics.  Definitely on the sluggish side.  And
with 16kB
of RAM and a _ cassette_ interface?  Same as the 1977 Apple II?  I never did
own one
of those PC's, either.

The ONLY thing going for that machine was the name on it.  Everything else had
been better done, earlier and elsewhere.

Engineering was moving fast in those days.  Three years more brought out the
Macintosh.
Now _that_ was clearly different, and better, than what was already out there.
I find it
interesting that even so, the IIe remained in production until 1993.

-- Jim