Never seen a black one of these, but that’s definitely a Ford 2.3l inline 4
with a Holley 5200. Actually, a really good engine setup, very popular amongst
the rally folks that run Ford Capris of this vintage. I had the same setup in
my Pinto, and when it’s tuned properly it would pull stumps.

I’ve never understood the attraction of these, or why they often had those
goshawful fake wire wheels on them.

-D