Well, as I said in my later post, Dave Quay of the late, lamented Atlanta
Stuttgart Auto Parts did it on several w116s, including his father in law's
car. Like me, Dave liked w116s more than w126s, except the lack of a
completely adjustable seat.

IIRC he mounted the seat switches in the console, and again IIRC he
mentioned using Range Rover parts for this. RRs used to use the same swtich
as on the w126, but mounted somewhere in the console in boxes.

I don't see it as hard at all, as long as you are talking about the early
seats with no memory. I had kept a set of w126 seats for years, waiting for
a transplant into another w116 when I got one, but ended up putting them
into my current w126.

Time to switch to decaf, Kleb, LOL.

Mac