I would add that while implied, I didn’t point out that the headliner is glued
down to the roof at the top of the windshield and rear window. The dark brown
stuff you see is old glue, probably hide glue (as in made out of rendered
animals.) You can’t really do a proper headliner install on these cars without
removing the windshield and rear window seals. The fabric actually wraps around
the weldment of the window opening in some places, so trhying to “cheat” and
jus ttuck it under means having to try and jam a bunch of fabric where it
doesn’t belong, or trimming it during installation (very risky!)

And again, it’s the perfect opportunity to replace the windshield and rear
window seals, too. With OE rubber, of course!

-D

On Jul 14, 2024, at 2:17 PM, dan penoff.com via Mercedes