Uh, are you saying that Toad Hall Motorbooks is you?  Or are you just
excited about the name coincidence, Toad?  Or am I way high of glide slope
here?

D.

On 7/17/06, George Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On page 30, in discussing the recent board meeting in Chicago. They are
finally going to publish the magazine themselves.
Let me retype the appropriate paragraph:

³President O¹Sullivan reported on progress on THE STAR contract.  Eight
viable responses to MBCA¹s request for proposals were received; three
likely
candidates were selected by THE STAR committee and interviewed.  A final
successful candidate was chosen to edit and publish THE STAR when the
current contract expires.  He indicated that Toad Hall Motorbooks had sent
letter to board members stating it would not respond to the request for
proposals the club had issued.  [Toad Hall Motorbooks, my business, had
proposed to MBCA that instead of using the method described in the request
for proposals,­­ whereby the club would effectively function as
publisher­­
the existing contract be renegotiated and extended. That proposal was
declined. Ed.]  The board authorized the Star Committee to negotiate an
agreement with the successful candidate.²

Good things come to those who wait.

--
GG