On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 08:11:05 -0400 mitch--- via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> But, if I had a 1989 Chevy, would I just throw a junkyard 350 in it, or
> would I computerize it and upgrade to an LS something with a modern
> transmission?
> I'm thinking that even at 60% of the MPG the 350 is the economical
> choice.

With its 4.3 l V-6, it got about 15 mpg.

What kind of fuel mileage would a 350 get?

Is it a situation like the two Willys Utility wagons I owned in Colorado,
where the one with the Ford 302 V-8 got much better mileage and had more
power than the one with the Hurrican in-line 6?

Craig