Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:20:59 -0500
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] OT, cummins, experts chime in

Well I went and test drove a couple of dodge cummins today. First up was
a 05 1 ton dually, long bed, 4 door, 4 wheel drive , with leaver in the
floor for switching, with 6 speed manual.  I liked it for the fact that
it has the 6 speed, seems like it would get better mileage than the
autos.  It needs all new tires pretty soon, especially in the back and
probably alignment.  Rode like a 1 ton of course.  Shifted good.  Is a
BIG truck.  Seems like the rear end was howling.  Are they supposed to
howl on these?  Price as 23k had 101k miles.  Next truck was a 03 2500,
short bed, electronic 4 wheel drive, automatic, 4 door.  It had leather,
rode smoother, didnt pull to one side.  Price on it was 21.5k.  I can
say I REALLY love that cummins motor after driving one of them.  What do
you cummins ownere thing about this?  Good prices?  Keep looking?  What
kind of mileage will that 1 ton get with the 6 speed?  Will it be worse
than the other truck with automatic 3/4 ton?  The thing that had me
worried was the rear end howling on the other 1 ton truck.
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL, 87 300SDL,