I had exactly the same sort of noise on my 240D before new front wheel
bearings. Ride in the passenger seat (get somebody else to drive...) and see if
you can feel it with your feet.

  -Curt

  Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:42:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: B Dike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Couple Questions

All,

  Any ideas on these would help:

  1.  The 82 300CD has a developed a nasty deep loud growly rumble
during tight RH turns, worse when power is applied.  Sound emanates from
tranny area.  No noise with LH turns.  Is it differential, rear bearings,
front bearings, flex joints...???  And the for the wiseguys on the list
(you know who you are),  I refuse to drive to work with LH turns only!!

  2.  The 85 300CD A/C compressor won't turn on.  I tried the ACC from
the 82 which works ok but it had no effect.  What other switches should
be checked?  The A/C previously worked fine.

  Thanks,

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'
85 300CD 240kmi 'Hers'