From: Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:27:10 -0500
Subject: [MBZ] another Cummins question

Would an 04 Cummins 2500 auto be a 4 speed or a 5 speed tranny? The sticker in the glove box says 4 speed with overdrive I think. Does that mean it has for gears or its a 4 speed plus overdrive making it 5 speeds? Any trouble with those? Reason I ask, they were pushing an almost brand new one in the shop at the dealer today with the tranny out. Ouch. Looked at a few today. First one is an 04 2500 with the 305hp cummins, club cab, auto, SLT I think, long bed, pw, pl, cruise, CD, etc. 99k miles, price is 19.9k. Next at another dealer 03 auto, 4x4, very basic truck with rubber mats, manual windows, no cruise, no power locks etc, 40K miles, liked the color better, short bed, 250hp version cummins(seems WAY WAY slower than the next year), lot price 27k, internet price, 23.9k, "special" today only price 22.9k. I just didnt really like that truck, really prefer cruise for long trips. Back to the first dealer to look at a different truck. Its an 05 with the HO 325hp cummins, long bed, club cab, 6 speed manual, its also a basic model with no cruise, manaul windows, etc, had 20k miles with factory warranty still remaining. Price in it was 24.9k. Liked that one but the spouse cant drive stick and refused to learn. But didnt like the no options though.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, what do the dodge people thing about those prices? And what about the 4 or 5 speed auto?

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL, 87 300SDL,