To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I got my new rig today

Torque is 600LB/FT on the 06 I believe.  580 on the older models.....Rear
tires don't stand a chance of survival.......

I know what you mean!  We stopped in a rest area while we were on our way
home in the new Dodge pickup towing our 9000LB travel trailer, and I noticed
that the rear tires smelled hot.  I also  noticed small pieces of rubber
stuck to the tire that had pealed off.  The tires never spun, just the
torque pulling the tire surface against that of the road.  I'm not sure of
the recommended rotation schedule, but I would think every 2500-3500 miles
while towing heavy loads.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1981 300CD 204K miles, Giesela AKA Granny with 100 miles on her new set of
tires, and they still have the nubs on them, go figure!