Ding ding ding! Give that man a ceegar.

Oh list Dad, would you happen to have a PS pump for a 201?

-Curt

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:30:13 -0400
From: Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Powersteering woes
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt Raymond wrote:
> Oh plauge and pestilence.
>   The powersteering leak I should have been fixing last weekend seems
to have bitten me on the behind today. Driving to work I noticed a very
strong oil smell that seemed to come and go. Once parked I noticed my
car had left a trail of red oil...
>   So its gotta be a PS leak, theres not much other red oil in the car
and the trans feels fine and hasn't been leaking.
>   I presume this is the low pressure hose, it looked suspect before
and I haven't been able to find any leaks around the pump. Does anybody
know what size this hose is? I know Rusty sells it by the metre but I'd
rather not wait for shipping and I've already given him a couple boat
payments off this car, plus I need to give him a call for a voltage
regulator this week anyway...
>   So anyway I'd like to source this stuff locally, anybody else done
this?

What you seem to be describing is usually a failed seal in the power
steering box. Most old time Mercedes mechanics can reseal them for a
couple of hundred dollars. Might be cheaper to buy a used box (they
seldom cost more than $100 and are often less) and have it installed
(maybe an hour labor). Most steering boxes and their seals last the
life
of the car.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)

---------------------------------
Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to
Yahoo! Groups.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Jul 31 23:33:33 2006
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:32:55 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] old 124 wagon

"J.B. Hebert" wrote:

> I bet almost every 124 owner on the list would love the headlights
> :)  I dig the burlwood interior with the manual heat & A/C controls,
> as well as the snazzy cloth seats.

Naw, UK headlamps only work well on islands, like UK, AU, Nippon, Bermuda...
I'd love to get my hands on take-off headlamps from when a continental car
moves to the British Isles and the headlamps get switched for wrong side
driving.