To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: cheap V12 coupe

Yeah that was it.  Still, nothing sounds quite like a nice V12.

--R

LarryT wrote:

Ya'll wrote:<<Ddin't I read someone here a few weeks ago say that the V12s
cooked the

ignition systems >>

You may be referring to a post of mine where I was talking about a XKE V12 a
friend owned.  The ignition amplifier was in the V and the heat would kill
it.

I imagine the newer V12 generates as much heat as the older engine but
hopefully the electronic components are relocated to a safer area of are
better insulated.

Even though some years of development and refinement have improved things,
rememeber the V12 is a high performance engine requiring an extra level of
maintanence and compared to others, were produced in very limited numbers
all thing
Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>